- Last Updated on Friday, 05 October 2012 17:00
There are steps you can take to reduce the risk of fire in your home and ensure that you would be alerted to any emergency and able to escape.
The documents below provide important fire prevention guidelines.
- Halloween Fire Prevention Tips: NFPA Halloween Fire Safety Tips
- Understanding Residential Sprinkler Systems and Related Codes: This article provides some important facts about the installation of residential sprinkler systems.
- Home Heating Fires: Report entitled "Heating Fires in Residential Buildings," developed by the USFA’s National Fire Data Center. The report examines the causes and characteristics of heating fires that occur in residential buildings.
- Chimney Fire Safety: Chimney maintenance and fire prevention for residential owners of wood burning appliances.
- Winter Fire Safety: Fire safety tips that can help you maintain a fire safe home for this winter. Proper use of home heating devices
- Smoke Detectors: Learn how having a smoke detector installed in your home can save the life of you and your family.
- Holiday Safety tips: NYS holiday safety tips.
- BBQ Fire Safety: Learn about barbecue maintenance and safety.