- Last Updated on Friday, 10 May 2013 19:35
Dedicated to Richard A. Flynn, Sr., the DES Training Center is located on the Grasslands Campus of the Westchester Medical Center at 4 Dana Road, Valhalla, New York.
Offering the latest in technology and training props, this facility is capable of hosting a large variety of training to ensure the proficiency of the fire professionals that protect the citizens of Westchester.
Online registration is available. Chief officers or training officers should contact the training division at (914) 231-1699 for the registration password if they have not already done so.
The classroom environment is ideally suited for class lectures and training. We offer four classrooms and an outdoor training yard. Each classroom provides the perfect combination of a clean comfortable environment and the latest in electronic audio-visual equipment and training aides. Each training room is equipped with:
- A computer with CD/DVD capability and Internet access. Alternatively, instructors are permitted to connect their own laptop to the classroom equipment.
- A PowerPoint projector and drop down screen
- A full audio system, VCR player and televisions
- Slide projectors and overhead projectors
- A full wall of white board
- The lighting in all classrooms can be adjusted to meet the needs of the instructor from dim to full classroom lighting.
Classrooms are available to public and private agencies by reservation only. To make a reservation or if you have questions about the facility, call (914) 231-1699.
The training facility offers a cafertia/break area. The cafeteria can accommodate over 40 people. An outdoor patio with picnic tables can seat an additional 20 people, weather permitting. Amenities include snack machines, cold drinks, refrigerator, microwave oven, sink, and water cooler.
We offer a diverse array of training props, equipment and buildings for hands-on skills training. Firefighters get first-hand firefighting and rescue experience in every aspect of fire/rescue operations in a safe and supervised setting.
All evolutions on the training center grounds must be reserved and are granted on a first-come, first-served basis.
To make a reservation contact the fire training division at (914) 231-1699.